Monday, July 1, 2013

Preparation


Contrary to popular belief, or rather, my previous belief, traveling takes a ton of work. Maybe I was just naive by believing that travel simply took a backpack and a passport or maybe it was just wishful thinking. Whatever the case, that is just simply not true. From applying to my exchange program to working hard at a bike shop to pay for my trip to working out all of my visa stuff, I now see the dark side of travel. Dealing with government agencies and flaky people has often left me often feeling overwhelmed -lets just say its a good thing I have many methods to relieve stress. I am a mere 24 days away from my scheduled departure date but I still do not have my visa nor have I even sent in the application because of a whole variety of reasons. I can rest in the fact that though it might be delayed a week, I am still going to get to go to Chile.

All sorts of sentiments are hitting me right about now: stress, nostalgia, anxiety, joy, and excitement. What is one supposed to do with all that flowing around in their head? My answer, escape to Camp Barnabas, the mountains, and a bicycle. I am so excited to see how the Lord lets me live deliberately this next 6 months.


"Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. 3 And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure."
1 John 3:2-3

That spot way down at the bottom of the map, ya that is where I am living!


No comments:

Post a Comment