Sunday, July 28, 2013

Chile!

Well its sunday.... I got here on Wednesday and this is the first time I feel like I can just breathe! What a trip its been so far. I flew into Santiago after long night of flying and then immediately went to a small town call Olmué. We stayed at a cute little hotel there and had our orientation. There are 56 of us from all around the world that are living all of this country! I, however, am the farthest South and the first so ever go as far south as me.... What am I getting myself into!? Well after a wonderful time hanging out with all the other exchange students we all departed by car, bus, or plane to our destinations. I am the last one to not meet his host family.... I still am not even in Porvenir! I am staying in a volunteers house for the night in Punta Arenas before I head off to take to 12 minute plane ride over the Magellan Straight tomorrow. I cant even describe what this experience has been so far. I am one of 3 exchange students that can speak any spanish! I couldn't believe that nobody speaks it! Its good though because nobody this far south speaks English. Well, life is good. I am safe. The air is brisk. The future is bright.

That's all I got for now. I am exhausted. Peace out.

p.s. ("the future is bright"is a pun... look up Porvenir is spanish to figure it out)

No comments:

Post a Comment